Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|— Census-designated place (CDP) —|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID|
Charles City is a census-designated place (CDP) in and the county seat of Charles City County, Virginia, United States. The population as of the 2010 Census was 133. The community is centered on the Charles City County Court House, from which it takes its variant names Charles City Court House and Charles City Courthouse. Charles City lies at the intersection of State Routes 5 and 155.
Notable natives Edit
- Martha Jefferson - First Lady of Virginia
- Freeman Walker - US Senator for Georgia.
- Susan Wise Bauer, writer and historian
- John Tyler - US President
- Benjamin Harrison V - Signer of the Declaration of Independence
- Lott Cary - 1st Black missionary to Africa
- ^ "Find a County". National Association of Counties. http://www.naco.org/Counties/Pages/FindACounty.aspx. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- ^ Virginia Trend Report 2: State and Complete Places (Sub-state 2010 Census Data). Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed 2011-06-08.
|This Charles City County, Virginia state location article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Charles City, Virginia. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|