|Birth:||c1835 possibly Clay Township, Tuscarawas County, Ohio|
|Father:||Samuel Messerly (c1794)|
|Mother:||Elizabeth Messerly (c1805)|
|Spouse/Partner:||Elizabeth Senn (c1838) |
|Marriage:||04 FEB 1858 , Tuscarawas, Ohio|
|Portal | Category|
Charles Messerly aka Chas aka Messerley aka Chas Missertey
As of the 1880 Census, there is a Charles Messerley born c 1836, in Ohio living in Cooper, Webster, Iowa. Both parents swiss.
|Name||Birthdate||Birthplace||Death date||Death place|
|Children of Charles Messerly (c1835) and Elizabeth Senn (c1838)|
|Emma Messerly (c1858)||1858||Ohio|
|Fred Messerly (c1861)||1861||Ohio|
|Edward Messerly (c1863)||1863||Ohio|
|Emily Messerly (c1865)||1865||Missouri|
|Caroline Messerly (c1867)||1867||Iowa|
|Cornelia Messerly (c1870)||1870||Iowa|
|Ellen Messerly (c1871)||1871||Iowa|
|Myrah Messerly (c1873)||1873||Iowa|
|Charley Messerly (c1876)||1847||Iowa|
|Frankie Messerly (c1878)||1878||Iowa|
|James Messerly (c1879)||1879||Iowa|
|John Messerly (c1881)||1879||Iowa|
|Walter Messerly (c1884)||1884||Iowa|
Source (all entries) is the 1880 United States Federal Census for Cooper, Webster, Iowa
- 1860 Census, Chas Messerly is listed as head of household in Ohio > Tuscarawas > Clay. Post office: Gnadenhutten (Ancestry.com-search "Chas Missertey") 25, Elizabeth 21 (swiss birth), Emma 1
- Neighbor is Christian age 29 Ancestry.com-Search for "Christian Missertey"
- Elizabeth 54, Samuel 13, Gottlieb 17, Rose Ann 20. Elder elizabeth is wife of Samuel.
- 1870 Census, "Charles Messerley" is listed in Missouri > Morgan > Moreau, age 34,
- Wife Elizabeth 21 (typo?), Emma 12, Frederick 7, Edward 5, Nely 1.
- 1900 Census, Colfax township, Webster county, Iowa: Charles Messerly age 64 Elizabeth Messerly 60 Frank S Messerly 21 John S Messerly 19 Walter L Messerly 16