|— Electoral ward —|
|Created||1 April 1965|
|• Body||Hackney London Borough Council|
There was a revision of ward boundaries in Hackney in 1978.
There was a revision of ward boundaries in Hackney in 2002.
The ward returns three councillors to Hackney London Borough Council, with an election every four years. At the last local election on 6 May 2010, Luke Akehurst, Sally Mulready, and Guy Nicholson, all Labour Party candidates, were returned. Turnout was 54%; with 4,771 votes cast.
In 2001, Chatham ward had a total population of 10,722. This compares with the average ward population within the borough of 10,674.
From the May 2014 election the ward is replaced by a new Homerton ward with some sections going to Lea Bridge ward and Hackney Wick ward.
- ^ "Hackney Ward population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. http://www.neighbourhood.statistics.gov.uk/dissemination/LeadKeyFigures.do?a=7&b=13688740&c=Chatham&d=14&e=62&g=6325710&i=1001x1003x1032x1004&o=362&m=0&r=1&s=1477126804394&enc=1. Retrieved 22 October 2016.
- ^ "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-08-22. https://web.archive.org/web/20130822142214/http://data.london.gov.uk/documents/LBCE_1964-5-7.pdf. Retrieved 2014-02-14.
- ^ London Borough of Hackney (Electoral Arrangements) Order 1977
- ^ Council Elections 2010 results - Chatham Template:Webarchive (LB Hackney) accessed 11 May 2010
- ^ LB Hackney Borough Profile "1.5 Population density", and table 1.10 "Population by ward, 2001" pp. 20; (LB Hackney, 2006) accessed 6 October 2009
- London Borough of Hackney list of constituencies and councillors.
- Labour Party profile of Luke Akehurst
- Labour Party profile of Sally Mulready
- Labour Party profile of Guy Nicholson
- Councillor Luke Akehurst's blog
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Chatham (ward). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|