|Offspring of Robert Keith and Elizabeth Douglas of Morton (-c1527)|
|William Keith, 4th Earl Marischal (1506-1581)||24 July 1506 Stonehaven, Scotland, United Kingdom||7 October 1581 Scotland, United Kingdom|| Margaret Keith of Inverugie (-)|
|Robert Keith (-1551)|| |
|Elizabeth Keith (c1515-c1562)|| |
|Alexander Keith (-)|| |
|Alice Keith (c1515-)|| |
|Beatrix Keith (1518-)|| |
|Janet Keith (1525-1559)|| |
|Christian Keith (1512-1553)||1512 Keith, East Lothian, Scotland, United Kingdom|| Robert Arbuthnott (1508-1579)|
According to the book Sampson Stewart, His Royal Ancestors and Some of his Descendants by Sidney Wright Blount, the daughter of Lord Robert Keith and Elizabeth Douglas was Christian Keith, d. 1553, m. Robert Arbuthnott, d. 1579. Their daughter Christian Arbuthnott m. William Warrender of Balchristie. Their daughter was Elizabeth Warrender m. before 1576 James Finley, b. 1530, d. 1597, also of royal and baronial descent. Their son John Finley, b. 1579, d. 1670, m. (2) 1630 Sarah Craigie of Inchervie, co. Fife. Their daughter Judith Finley m. William Stewart of Ardigon, Killyleagh parish, co. Down, Ireland, b. ca. 1670, reported to be a descendant of Mary, Queen of Scots.
This article, in early November 2017, showed Mr Warrender marrying Christian Keith, not her daughter Christian Arbuthnott. Geni.com is closer to the abovementioned book. Birth dates have persuaded a move to follow Geni and Mr Blount and (thanks to User:Thurstan) Kittybrewster.com.
Guy Davis-compiled information and converted it into article format.
This is one of the weak links in gmfindley's family tree. With a birth date in 1512, and no dates on Christine (The only child listed on gmfindley's tree), and the grandaughter of Christian (Elizabeth Warrender (1530-1597)) is a solid record and she was born only 18 years after her "grandmother" means that both Christian and Christine each had their respective children at age 8... I am going to operate on the assumption that "Christine" is another name for "Christian" And that maybe this is a split record. Of course, that does put in question the entire problem with their respective husbands... which was the real husband? Or were these both two separate marriages, with only one producing Elizabeth? Because the data comes from only one tree I'm reluctant to assume this is one record and delete the other one just in case. But the evidence is overwhelming, so I'm making the "Christine" Entry anyway just in case. If research later confirms my theory, we can jut cut that entry free. Guy
If the above theory is correct, then this individual is known by both "Christine" and "Christian", though "Christian" is the name found in many records (and the spelling "Christine" was virtually unknown in Scotland in that period).
- WorldConnect: db: gmfindley, id: I00018 - not found at that address in 2017; several good matches:
- WorldConnect: db: robinp, id: I14761 updated 2014 (Robin really should update it again!) - cites thePeerage
- WorldConnect: db: :2268300, id: I503283690 updated 2003
- WorldConnect: db: :2920331, id: I42982 updated 2004
- WorldConnect: db: cambryant, id: I067631 updated 2014
- WorldConnect: db: cbryant6, id: I068004 updated 2009
- WorldConnect: db: david_hughey, id: I574851586 updated 2011
- WorldConnect: db: jackwb2, id: I7192 updated 2008
- WorldConnect: db: maclaren, id: I019031 updated 2017 and seems better than some; extensive pedigree, only a little descendancy
- WorldConnect: db: mercer_jopson, id: I38760 updated 2017, little descendancy
- WorldConnect: db: stewdbkr, id: I4002 updated 2015, little descendancy
- WorldConnect: db: newhawkins, id: I150 updated 2016 - gives her a third husband, Alexander Fraser (1507-1564) of Philorth
- lots of others; may be worth a look: http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?surname=Keith&given=Christine&lskip=1&father=Robert+Keith&mother=Elizabeth+Douglas&fuzzy=Y&brange=1&start=21
- Sampson Stewart, His Royal Ancestors and Some of his Descendants by Sidney Wright Blount.
See tree tab above