Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|LGA:||City of Greater Taree|
Coopernook is a village in mid-north New South Wales, Australia (post code 2426). It is located 24 kilometres north of Taree and 11 kilometres west of Harrington and is administered by Greater Taree City Council. At the 2006 census, Coopernook had a population of 365 people. It was formerly situated on the Pacific Highway, until 22 March 2006, when the Coopernook Bypass was opened. The old highway crossed the Lansdowne River on a narrow iron girder bridge.
The Coopernook Primary School in Macquarie Street was established in 1875, and in 2006 it had an enrolment of 81. Its enrolment in 2007 was a similar number.
Coopernook Post Office opened on 1 November 1876.
Early settlers included Calvin, Rose, Eggins, Gillogilly, Longworth, Latham and Buchanan. A sandstone obelisk erected in 1997 commemorates the combatants in World War I, World War II and the Vietnam War.
- ^ a b Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Coopernook (L) (Urban Centre/Locality)". 2006 Census QuickStats. http://www.censusdata.abs.gov.au/ABSNavigation/prenav/LocationSearch?collection=Census&period=2006&areacode=UCL121800&producttype=QuickStats&breadcrumb=PL&action=401. Retrieved 12 July 2009.
- ^ Roads and Traffic Authority: Coopernook Bypass
- ^ New South Wales Department of Education and Training: Coopernook Public School
- ^ Premier Postal History, Post Office List, https://www.premierpostal.com/cgi-bin/wsProd.sh/Viewpocdwrapper.p?SortBy=NSW&country=, retrieved 2009-06-11
- ^ Register of War Memorials, NSW: Coopernook War Memorial
|This New South Wales geography article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Coopernook, New South Wales. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|