Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|View category for people with the Cseszneky surname|
|Origin:||Place name Csesznek in Veszprém county, Hungary|
|Meaning:||Slavic word čestnik: royal office-bearer|
The Cseszneky surname, which has been borne by the family for centuries with different spellings, finds its origin in the place name Csesznek in Veszprém county, Hungary. The village and the castle was first mentioned as Cezneyc in the 13th century. The name itself comes from the Slavic word čestnik that means royal office-bearer. In the middle age the forms Cesnek, Cheznek, Chesnek were in use, whilst later it was spelled as Csesznek or Cseszneg.
Alternative spellings and(/or) variantsEdit
De Cheznek, De Chesnek, Chezneky, Cheszneky, Chieszneky, Cesneki, Cesneky, Csesznek, Czeznegi, Cseszneki Cseszneghi, Česnegić.
Titles of nobilityEdit
- Barons and Counts Cseszneky de Milvány et Csesznek
- Lords of Kisbabot, Szentkáta and Tejfalu etc.
- Magnates of the Kingdom of Hungary and Croatia
- Voivodes of Macedonia
- Wildgraves of Bakony
List/s of individualsEdit
- Baron Jakab Cseszneky de Csesznek (c1220-bef1296)
- Count György Cseszneky de Milvány et Csesznek
- Ferenc Cseszneky de Milvány et Csesznek
- Count Mihály Cseszneky de Milvány et Csesznek
- Gyula Cseszneky (1914)
- Count László Cseszneky de Milvány et Csesznek
- Count Miklós Cseszneky de Milvány et Csesznek
Individuals with that surname but no separate pageEdit
- Benedek Cseszneky
- Erzsébet Cseszneky
- Imre Cseszneky
- János Cseszneky
- János Cseszneky (-1593)
- Mihály Cseszneky
- Mátyás Cseszneky