Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Daniel 2 BIGELOW, fourth child and third son of John 1 and Mary (WARREN) BIGELOW, was born in Watertown, Middlesex co, MA, on 01 December 1650. He married about 1688 Abial PRATT, daughter of Thomas and Susanna (Gleason) PRATT. He settled in Framingham, MA as early as 1686, and was a tailor by trade. They lived near the east end of what was known as Gleason's Pond. Daniel died about 1715, and his wife outlived him. Births of his children are found in the vital records of Sherborn, of which Framingham was then a part.
Family of Daniel Bigelow and Abigail Pratt
Daniel's wife said to be Abigail Pratt born ca 1658.
Children of Daniel and Abial (PRATT) BIGELOW, all born Framingham:
- Abigail, b 28 Oct 1689; d abt 1734; m 08 Mar 1727 Abraham BELKNAP. Res Framingham and Natick. No issue.
- Daniel, b 24 Nov 1691; said to have died 1752 Framingham; m (1) 27 June 1723 Rebecca EAMES, who died 1738; and (2) 17 July 1746 Mrs. Prudence (PRATT) STONE, widow of Ebenezer STONE, and daughter of Joseph and Hannah (PROVENDER) PRATT. She married (3) 10 May 1753 Ezekial RICE. Daniel had 7 children by first wife, 5 of whom died in infancy.
- Abiel, b 20 Jan 1693; no death date; m (1) 11 Oct 1716 Jonathan STONE, by whom four children, and (2) 15 June 1743 Samuel WALKER of Natick.
- Susannah, b 04 Mar 1696; d 24 Oct 1768 Framingham; m 09 June 1715 Stephen JENNINGS; res Framingham. 6 children.
- Ephraim, b 12 May 1698; d 18 Oct 1756 Holliston, MA; m 29 July 1729 Lydia JOHNSON. A carpenter by trade, res Holliston. 5 children.
- Lydia, b 02 Jan 1702; was living 1738, when admitted to the church at Westborough, MA by letter from Hopkinton; m 30 Sept 1731 Martin PRATT; res Hopkinton and Westborough. 3 children listed Bigelow genealogy, but Pratt Directory adds a fourth child, Martin jr, b 1744 Westborough.
- History of Daniel Bigelow - Bigelow Society Family History
- Bigelow Family Genealogy Volume. I page.13;
- Howe, Bigelow Family in America, page 25-26;
- J. Gardner Bartlett, Gregory Stone Genealogy;
- Jayne (Pratt) Lovelace, A Pratt Directory, 1980;
- vital records of Watertown, Framingham, Sherborn, Holliston, and Westborough, MA