Most genealogists are concerned first and foremost with ancestral genealogy — that is, with identifying each of their ancestors backwards through successive prior generations. Many genealogists are also interested in the reverse — that is, descendant genealogy, in which they attempt to trace the descendants of a given ancestor. The following special projects are concerned with tracing descendants of specific individuals or couples:
- Project Charlemagne - thousands of descendants have Familypedia pages
- John Walker and Jane McKnight of Wigton Scotland
- William Cowan (1750-1809) and Jane Walker (1755-1806) of Blount County, Tennessee
- Family History of the Matthias Brimberry and Mary Anderson Families
- Nathan Bradley (1631-1701) and Mary Evans (1640-1711) of Dorchester, Massachusetts
- Warenne Family Ancestry - despite its name
The above links will take you either to the common ancestor, or to a portal page for the special project in question.