|Donie Inez McCurley|
|Birth:|| January 22, 1887|
near Hartwell, Hart County, Georgia
|Death:|| May 15, 1969 or May 22, 1969|
in Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama
|Burial:|| Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist Church Cemetery,|
Hodges, Marion County, Alabama
|Father:||William Thomas Early McCurley|
|Mother:||L. Diadame Adams|
|Spouse/Partner:||Early Columbus Vickery|
|Marriage:|| September 21, 1902|
in Hart County, Georgia
One of many children of Tom McCurley and Damie Adams. She was born near Hartwell, GA and moved to Marion Co., AL, with her husband and parents between the birth of her first and second child.
My grandmother remembered her as being very kind-hearted and an excellent country cook. She is also supposed to have sold day lillies to save money to send her two youngest children to typing school. After her husband's death, Donie began to collect Social Security and was also moved to Birmingham to a nursing home. Donie also started to collect social security after Earl passed away, though that was probably done by my grandparents. Here she passed her remaining years with her son-in-law's mother Julia P. Wittichen. Apparently, a death certificate was not filed for her as one could not be located. She was transported back to Hodges and laid with her husband.
- Anderson, Julia Wittichen. Personal memories.
- International Genealogical Index
- Social Security Death Index
- Vickery, Donie McCurley. Tombstone picture from Mt. Olive Baptist Church Cemetery.
- Weldon, Dr. William Vickery. Collection of genealogy research documents. [probably need to flesh this out]
- Wittichen, Ivy Vickery. Personal memories.
- [Need to look up source info]. List of McCurley Descendants received by email in c. 2000