Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Vital Statistics Edit
- Son of Mark Duty (1747-1783) and Abigail Woodberry (1746-1774).
- 1782-June-02 : Birth at Derryfield (now Manchester) NH.
- 1803-Dec-08 : He married first Sarah Warren (1784-1818), and then married second Judith Yeoman (b. 1782) in 1819. No children with Judith.
- 1852-Sep-07: Died in Cleveland, Cuyahoga Co, OH.
MOSES WARREN born in Northboro, Massachusetts, 1760, enlisted in the continental army
1776, remaining till near the close of the war, settled in Acworth, 1782 or 1783, removed to
Warrensville, Cuyahoga County Ohio, of which his son Daniel was the first settler, having
removed in 1808, following his brother-in-law Ebenezer Duty of Acworth, who subsequently settled in Ashtabula County Ohio.
Ebenezer Duty - occupation brickmaker, is credited with a patent in 1828 for a brickstriking machine along with son Daniel W Duty
See also page 134-135 of the book List of American Patents that describes more about the Duty brickstriking machine.
Children of Ebenezer Duty and Sarah Warren Edit
- Amanda Duty (b1802) - m. Herman (Hiram Styles) - 8 children.
- Andrew Woodbury Duty 1804 - b. 1804 and m. Elizabeth Havens (1809-1886) at Waterville NY. - (1880 US Census - Brickmaker living in Cleveland OH.)
- Daniel W Duty (b1806) - Undertaker - 3 children - 1880 US Census - living with wife Mary and daughter Jennie in Cleveland, OH (near extended family) - m. Emmiline Mason
- Persis Duty (1806-1862) - m. Platt Rogers Spencer famous educator (see wikipedia) - 12 children
- Louisa Duty (1808-1898) - m. Orrin Jay Hubbell
- Chloe Duty (1814-1846) - m. Mr Hollister - 1 child
- Sarah Duty (b1818) - married to David Tiller ? disputed spouse.