Edward Schoenfeld (1891-1958)
December 23, 1891
He may have married Gladys Schoenfeld (1904-1964). She may have had two children from a previous marriage that adopted his last name. Edward was living alone in the 1930 United States Census and in the 1940 United States Census he has two children older than ten years old. They are living in West New York, New Jersey and Edward was working as a "maritime watchman".
Children or step childrenEdit
He died on June 18, 1958 and was buried in Fairview Cemetery, Fairview, New Jersey.
- Edward Schoenfeld (1891-1958) Buried June 21, 1958, spruce section, block 4, plot E-1/2-7
- Gladys Schoenfeld (1904-1964), buried August 29, 1964, spruce section, block 4, plot E-2/2-7
- Other Schoenfelds buried in other graves are:
- Isabella Schoenfeld (c1860-1951) Schoenfeld, buried on July 19, 1951
- Rudolph Schoenfeld (1860-1951) buried on July 25, 1951
- Kurt, ashes
- Phyliss, ashes
- Richard Arthur Norton (1958) writes on Febryuary 25, 2013: "It was thought that he never married because he appears in the 1930 United States Census living alone in the same building he had lived with his father. However, the 1940 United States Census has him married to Gladys with two children. Gladys is listed as his wife on his tombstone application and his date of birth matches his World War I application. I first assumed they were two different people but the month and year match what was given in the 1900 United States Census where he is living with his parents."