|View category for people with the Edwards surname|
- Information from Censuses in the United Kingdom: Frequency of Occurrences in United Kingdom Census of 1881: 83,331 making the surname the 22nd most common surname in Great Britain with a frequency of 3,081 occurrences per million names.
- Frequency of occurrence in Great Britain in the 1996 electoral register: 110,910 making the surname the 18th most common surname in Great Britain with a frequency of 2,977 occurrences per million names.
Geographically the name is spread as follows:
- Great Britain postal area with highest rate per million in 1881: Llandudno
- Great Britain postal area with highest rate per million in 1998: Llandudno
- Top postal town: Bala
- Rate per million in Llandudno postal area in 1998 as % of Great Britain average: 516
- Republic of Ireland - Irish county with highest rate per million in 1996: not applicable
- Australian state with highest rate per million in 2002: Northern Territory
- Rate per million in the Northern Territory as % of Australian average: 126
- Australian top standard statistical division: Finniss, Northern Territory
- New Zealand province with highest rate per million in 2002: Northland
- Rate per million in Northland as % of New Zealand average: 150
- United States state with highest rate per million in 1990: North Carolina
- Rate per million in North Carolina as % of US average: 246
Individuals with that surname but no separate pageEdit
- ^ a b Surname profile for Edwards from the Surname Profiler Project Website, a research project based at University College London (UCL) that has investigated the distribution of surnames in Great Britain, both current and historic, in order to understand patterns of regional economic development, population movement and cultural identity.
- ^ International comparisons for the Edwards name
|This surname-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|