Edwin Conway, Jr.
was born 11 May 1644
in Rappahannock County
to Edwin Conway (c1610-c1674)
and Martha Eltonhead (1628-1689)
and died before 7 September 1689
in Richmond County
, British America
of unspecified causes. He married Sarah Fleete or Walker (c1645-aft1685)
. He married Elizabeth Thornton or Thompson (c1645-)
. Notable ancestors include Henry II of England (1133-1189)
, William I of England (1027-1087)
, Charlemagne (747-814)
, Hugh Capet (c940-996)
, Rurik (c832-879)
, Alfred the Great (849-899)
. Ancestors are from the United Kingdom
, the Netherlands
He married first to Sarah Fleete, daughter of Col. Henry Fleete, and after Sarah died Edwin, Jr. married second to Elizabeth Thornton, daughter of Francis Thornton and Alice Stafford Savage.
- Son: COL. EDWIN CONWAY, son of Edwin Conway, Jr., married Ann Ball (bef1689-aft1704), daughter of Joseph Ball and Elizabeth Romney, of whom some descendants are
- President James Madison (1751-1836), Father of the Constitution and author of the Bill of Rights
- President Zachary Taylor
- Richard Henry Lee and Francis Lightfoot Lee, signers of the Declaration of Independence
- Gen. Robert E. Lee
- Some of the family of President George Washington.
- See also the "Ancestor tree" tab above.
Sources and notes