Eleanor Catherine Outwater (1912-1978) Rug Designer and later Housewife (b. September 01, 1912, probably Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey, USA - d. circa March 05, 1978, Colonia, Middlesex County, New Jersey, 07067, USA) Social Security Number 140056095.
Native American ancestryEdit
The oral family tradition has been that she was "half Cheyenne Indian". No evidence has been found to back the claim to date.
Mary Smith (1890-1965) and Valentine Charles Outwater I (1884-1960).
Eleanor was born on September 01, 1912, probably in Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey.
- Valentine Charles Outwater II (1906)
- Edward C. Outwater (1908-1973)
- Frances Outwater (1910-2000) who married Eugene Kelly
- Mary Outwater (1913-1996) who married Martin Feeney (1902-1975)
- Valentine Charles Outwater III (1918-1997) who married Mildred Sawyer
- Louise Outwater (1920-2007) who married Joseph Joseph Farrell (1918-1991)
- Catherine Outwater (1926-2006) who married Edward Sawyer I.
Jersey City, New JerseyEdit
In 1920 her family was living at 127 Manning Street in Jersey City. In 1930 her family was renting a unit at 579 Grand Street in Jersey City. The family was incorrectly listed on the census as "Ostwanters" and she was working as a "designer at a rug manufacturer". In 1936 she registered for Social Security and was living at 650 Grand Street in Jersey City. Her first job was at the Jersey City Printing Company at 160 Maple Street.
Eleanor married William Joseph Burke I (1905-1996) on June 19, 1937 at Saint Patrick's Roman Catholic Church in Jersey City and they had one child together. William Joseph Burke was an oil worker at the Bayway Refinery in Elizabeth.
Eleanor died in March of 1978 in Colonia, Middlesex County, New Jersey.
She was buried on March 08, 1978 in Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens on Gills Lane in Iselin, New Jersey.