Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Sex : Female
- Born: Jan 11, 1866 at Bigga, Georgiana County, New South Wales
- Died: May 14, 1941 at Fremantle, wikipedia:, Western Australia, Australia at 75 years
- Interment: [[ | ]], [[|]] at Location
- Sibling: Elziabeth Reed (1853-Bef 1866)
- Sibling: William Reed (1855-1862)
- Sibling: Mary Ann Reed (1856-1919)
- Sibling: Louisa Jane Reed (1857-1937)
- Sibling: Richard Reed (1860-Aft 1900)
- Sibling: William Joseph Reed (1862-1890)
- Sibling: Martha Matilda Reed (1863-1945)
- Sibling: Elizabeth Alice Reid (1866-1941)
- Sibling: Elijah Reid (1867-1945)
- Sibling: Catherine Reid (1870-1899)
- Sibling: Henry Ernest Reid (1872-1939)
- Sibling: Ada Adeline Reed (1874-1937)
- Spouse: Edward Hogan (Bef 1879-1937)
- Child: Alice J Hogan (1886-?)
- Child: May G Hogan (1888-?)
- Child: Edith A Hogan (1890-?)
- Child: Ada Hogan (Aft 1884-?)
- Child: Kate A Hogan (1892-?)
- Child: William Edward Hogan (1898-?)
- Child: Edward Henry Hogan (1900-?)
- Child: Kenneth Raymond Hogan (1905-?)
- Child: Marjorie Hogan (Aft 1884-?)
(Research):Possible Death: 22936/1940 REED ELIZABETH JOSEPH MARY KINGSFORD
Notes for Elizabeth Alice Reid
The Crookwell and District Historical Society state that Elizabeth Alice Reid married Joseph Briscoe in 1890 and cite NSW BDM marriage index reference 01828/1890 as evidence of this. However, a transcript of this marriage record reveals that this marriage was for an "Elizabeth Auld Reid", spinster, to a "John Briscoe" on 31 Dec 1890. The bride's age, birthplace and parents are not listed, but the marriage occurred at the "residence of Thomas Reid, 107 George Street, Sydney".
A much more probable reference is NSW marriage record 04638/1885. This is for an "Elizabeth Alice Reid" to "Edward Hogan" on 29 Dec 1884. Unfortunately this also fails to list the bride's age, birthplace and parents, but did occur at the "residence of Joseph Reid, Peats Ferry".
I prefer to conclude that the Reid/Briscoe marriage is for another individual because (1) Elizabeth's second given name was "Alice", not "Auld", (2) her father's name was "Joseph Reid" and there is no known relative named "Thomas Reid", and (3) Joseph Reid was known to be living at Peats Ferry at the time.
Notes: At "Markdale".
Yewenyi 09:27, 14 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- 1 Residents & Settlers of Crookwell
- 7429/1866 NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/
- Thomas R Hellwege