|POD:||Haycock Twp Bucks Co, PA|
|Spouse:||John Melvin (1737-1804)|
|Father:||Silas McCarty (1700-1750)|
|Mother:||Sarah Carrell (c1700-1760)||daughter of James Carrell & Sarah Dungan|
1. Silas McCarty. Born abt 1700 in Ireland. Silas died in Haycock Twp., Bucks Co., PA abt 1750, he was 50. In 1722 when Silas was 22, he married Sarah Carrell, daughter of James Carrell & Sarah Dungan. Born abt 1700 in Northampton Twp., Bucks County, PA. Sarah died in 1760, she was 60. They had the following children:
- i. Carrell. Born on 15 Jul 1723. Carrell died bef 1759, he was 35. Carrell married Tamar.
- ii. James. Born on 1 Nov 1725. James married Sarah.
- iii. Silas. Born on 16 Apr 1727.
- iv. Benjamin (1731-1794)
- v. Lydia. Born on 11 Aug 1733. Lydia married Daniel Pursell. Born in Nockamixon.
- vi. Elizabeth. Born on 30 Aug 1735. Elizabeth married John Melvin. Born in Springfield, Bucks County, PA.
- vii. Hannah. Born on 6 Oct 1737.
- viii. William. Born on 29 Dec 1739.
- ix. Thomas (1741-1804)
- x. Paul (1743-)
Elizabeth McCarty's father may be one of the following McCarty's whose will was entered between 1731 and 1766. (Additional wills for McCarty's were entered after 1766, but would seem to be too late to be for Elizabeth's father. See Williams and Williams 1971.
- Corneilius McCarty, 1731, Middleton TWSHP, number 300
- Silas McCarty 1750 SPringfield township, number 727
- John McCarty 1766 Haycock TWSHP, number 1198
- Williams, Richard T. and Mildred C. Williams, 1971. Index of Wills of Buck County Pennsylvania, 1684-1850. p. 108, Will of James Melvin, 1778, Lower Milford
- THE DESCENDANTS OF JAMES CARRELL AND SARAH DUNGAN, HIS WIFE
Author: Ezra Patterson Cornell; Publication: 1928 [Not seen]