Emilie Ernestine Wilhelmine Hartwig was born 1 June 1860 in Brandenburg, Germany (Wendemark or Angermuende) to Frederik Hartwig (c1826-) and Caroline Henriette Weide (1827-aft1920) and died 1941 in Wisconsin, United States of unspecified causes. She married Carl August Demske (1848-1929) 30 November 1880 in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin, United States. Ancestors are from Germany.
|Offspring of Carl August Demske and Emilie Wilhelmine Hartwig (1860-1941)|
|Antonia Demske (1881-1970)|| |
|Otto Frederick Demske (1883-1951)||20 April 1883 Rockland, Wisconsin, United States||16 June 1951 Wisconsin, United States|| Petra Fredrickson (1886-1950)|
|Ida Johanna Demske (1885-1949)||1885 Wisconsin, United States||21 September 1949 Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States|| Charles Joseph Brady|
|Wilhelmine Demske (1887-1957)|| |
|Lillian Demske (1891-1974)|| |
|Gotfred Demske (1893-1963)|| |
|Florence E. Demske (1898-1982)|| |
|Elsa M. Demske (1900-1989)|| |
|Son Demske (1902-)|
- Antonia was born in Michigan and married Ernest Vetter.
- Children: Victor, Gerhardt, Annabelle, Gilbert, Wilhelmine
- Ida married Charles Brady
- Children: DePere, Eileen, Ruth, Gordon
- Minnie never married, no children.
- 1930 Census lists her as Serving in a Private Home.
- Lillian married Peter LeFevre
- Children: Harold, Russell, Stuart
- Fred married Caroline
- Children: Sheldon, Eleanor, Jane
- Florance never married, no children.
- 1930 Census lists her as Bookkeeper in a Hardware Store.
- Elva married Vilas Finke
- Children: Richard, Elaine, Janice
- The 1900 census lists Emily as having 10 children, 7 living.
- Birth certificate lists Emilie Hartwig and Carl Demske as parents for a baby boy born October 9, 1902.
- The 1910 census lists Emeiy as having 12 children, 8 living.
There are many Emilie Hartwig who immigrated at about the same time, from about the same location with about the same birth date. This is taken from family records and believed to be correct. It coincides with census and marriage records.
Emilie Ernestine Wilhelmine Hartwig traveled at age two to America with her mother aboard the ship in 1862.
- The 1930 census lists Emilie as immigrating in 1862.
- Birth record: Emilie Wilhelmine Hartwig
- 1900 census: Emily
- Emilie: Boy's birth certificate
- 1910 census: Emily
- 1920 census: Emily W.
- 1930 census: Emilie W.
There is another Emilie Hartwig who was married Apr 14, 1879 in Milwaukee.