They were married 13 Oct. 1881 in Clarinda, Page County, Iowa.
In 1886, they were off to Kansas, where Albert had acquired a relinquished old homestead. They traveled in a covered wagon crossing the Missouri River by ferry near Nebraska City. Soon, they were in Smith County, Kansas and settled in Pleasant Township.
Children of Emma BURWELL and Albert WALKER:
- Lillie Irene WALKER, b. 1882 in Clarinda, Page Co., Iowa
- Elza Walker (1884-1961)
- Archie Fayette WALKER, b. 1886 in Smith County, Kansas
- Wayne Rolland WALKER, b. 1888 in Smith Co., KS
- Hayes L. Walker (1890-1948)
- J. Carlton WALKER, b. 1892 in Smith Co., KS
- William H. Walker (1894-1946)
- Florence I. WALKER, b. 1896 in Smith Co., KS
- Harold Burwell WALKER, b. 1900 in Smith Co., KS
- Arnold Albert WALKER, b. 1906 in Smith Co., KS
Emma died 27 May 1942 in Smith Co., Kansas and is buried in Fairview cemetery in Smith Center, Smith County, Kansas.