Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Etah district (Urdu: ایٹا ضلع, Hindi: एटा ज़िला) is one of the districts of Uttar Pradesh state of India, and Etah town is the district headquarters. Etah district is a part of Aligarh Division. It is dominated by Yadavs and Rajputs.
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Etah one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 34 districts in Uttar Pradesh currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
According to the 2011 census Etah district has a population of 1,761,152, roughly equal to the nation of The Gambia or the US state of Nebraska. This gives it a ranking of 272nd in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 717 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,860 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 12.77 %. Etah has a sex ratio of 863 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 73.27 %.
- ^ "District-specific Literates and Literacy Rates, 2001". Registrar General, India, Ministry of Home Affairs. http://www.educationforallinindia.com/page157.html. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- ^ a b Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme". National Institute of Rural Development. http://www.nird.org.in/brgf/doc/brgf_BackgroundNote.pdf. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- ^ a b c d e f "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Gambia, The 1,797,860 July 2011 est."
- ^ "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/apportionment-pop-text.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Nebraska 1,826,341"
|Kanshiram Nagar district|
|Mahamaya Nagar district||Farrukhabad district|
|Agra district||Firozabad district||Mainpuri district|
|This Etah district location article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Etah district. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|