Some statistics of this wiki.
Special:Statistics is the main statistics page, similar to Wikipedia's page of the same name, showing overall totals of various types of pages and numbers of edits etc; it has links to other special pages.
Special:Top/most_visited lists the top 25 articles in numbers of page views; in late January 2015 they were:
- List of most common surnames
- Brahmin gotra system
- List of gotras
- Genealogical relationships of Presidents of the United States
- Descendants of Charlemagne
- Ancestries of the U.S. Presidents
- Ancestors of Barack Obama
- Immigrant Ships To America/First Families/Winthrop Fleet
- List of famous people
- Double first cousin
- Famous Descendants of William the Conqueror of England
- Descendants of the U.S. Presidents
- Charlemagne (747-814)
- Bucky Roberts (1987)
- Robert Cromwell of Huntingdon (1560-1617)
- Akbar (1542-1605)
- European ethnic groups
- List of countries spanning more than one continent
- List of Dhangar clans in India
- Hussein Obama (1895-1979)
- John Alexander Macdonald (1815-1891)
- Familienforschung und Genealogie-Wiki (.de)
- Rollo of Normandy (860-932)
|SMW-based articles about individuals:||61,321 - we want one for every person whose existence has been documented|
|Non-SMW-based articles about individuals:||10,655 - we want these converted to SMW for proper integration and linking - see Help:Upgrading old-style person articles|
|/sensor pages:||43,044 - every individual should have one!|
|/tree pages:||39,533 - every individual could have one!|
|/descendant pages:||34,790 - every individual with listed grandchildren should have one of these!|
|Surnames:||15,269 - category lists person-articles, and a matching surname article can give origin, meaning, and links to clan pages etc|
|Files:||39,754 - mostly pictures, of people, homes, gravestones, census pages, and so on. (Not a huge number of "place" or heraldry pictures, because we can get them automatically from WikiMedia Commons)|
|/bdm subpages:||8,636 - who lived or died in a place or went there to get married?|
|Edits:||1,428,206 - and a couple of contributors have averaged over 40,000 edits per year|
|Info pages:||7,632 - no longer supported|
(These are "minimums" based on manual categorization of pages)
| Edits by registered users|
(combining where multiple usernames)
By January 2014 we had had just over one million edits. One contributor had made over a quarter of them.
See Familypedia:Contributors/Edit count for a fairly up-to-date list.
See also Special:Listusers.
|How we are doing with visitors (source last updated 2010-05-28)|
|Monthly Page Views||Worldwide|
|Psychology wikia **||392||174||1%||25%||75%|
|World of Warcraft **||67,400||34,200||52%||39%||9%|
|Geni Wiki (wiki.geni.com)||?||3.9||?||?||?|
- ** = wikia hosted. Others are competitor genealogy sites.