Is there, or should there be, pages on helping people start or continue their genealogy on this wiki? I saw Robin just posted a link to FamilySearch, which in my opinion is a useful site. Forgive me if this is discussed elsewhere as I am still feeling my way around the site. --Will 01:30, 10 April 2007 (UTC)
- There should be and there are, Will. (And this is one of the better places to discuss it, rather than on various user talk pages as we used to do before the forum system was invented.) Start at "Help" (it's a link on the sidebar unless there's a problem with your browser). Follow whichever of its links seem to go where you want. Then put specific questions in one of these forums - best under the Forum:Help desk because there's a chance more people trying to be helpful will look at it occasionally; I have a link to its recent changes on my user page. Then you as a newish user can help us all by pointing out what you found less helpful and how it might be improved! Robin Patterson 01:58, 10 April 2007 (UTC)
- Added emphasis to Robin's response. Feedback is one of the most important things we can get. Without feedback we are working in the dark. Bill 22:58, 10 April 2007 (UTC)
- Another indent added to Bill's response to more clearly separate his comments from his predecessor's. Call it a Pet Peeve, if you must.
- I hope to include as one of the items in my cemetery list, a note of whom to contact should someone wish more details about a particular cemetery. There are volunteers who are willing to go out and take photos of a particular tombstone (if it hasn't already been photographed) for someone who cannot do it themselves (illness, distance, etc.)
- Best, Zephyrinus 00:44, 30 May 2007 (UTC)
- Hi! I created recently a genealogical wiki in Belarusian language. Its name is Radavod Wiki http://be-tarask.radavod.wikia.com/wiki/Radavod_Wiki . I'd like to cooperate with you. I placed on the main page of my wiki a link to yours, and I hope you'll do the same.Maksim Hacak 10:55, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
- See WikiNode and http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Community_Central:Interwiki_requests#Familypedia_and_the_Belarusian_genealogy_wiki — Robin Patterson (Talk) 06:32, August 15, 2010 (UTC)