Ever since Wikia made it easier for wikis to be created, I have noticed multiple wikis on the same topic sprout up, and then become abandoned.
- Family Tree Wikia - last genealogy-related edit April 28, 2010
- The Albert Family Tree - last genealogy-related edit April 24, 2010
- Shaw Family Tree - last genealogy-related edit September 26, 2009 - UPDATE: Nothing really here
- Genealogy Ancesrty - last genealogy-related edit February 3, 2010
- Genealogy Wiki - last genealogy-related edit June 28, 2009 - UPDATE: 2 articles transferred. Migration complete.
- Sheldon Genealogy - last genealogy-related edit January 27, 2010
- Cahill Family Genealogy - last genealogy-related edit May 6, 2010
- Shady Lane Genealogy - last genealogy-related edit June 7, 2009
- Native Hawaiian Genealogy Society Wiki - last genealogy-related edit April 14, 2010
I'm sure there are more out there, but... most of these havn't been edited in quite some time and they would benefit from a move to here. Some of those wikis have a lot of content, some have none. These websites can be redirected to Familypedia, if the wiki is inactive, but a request by contacting the Wikia Staff. I'm going to see if I can find some more. -— AMK152 (t • c) 03:49, June 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Good sleuthing, AMK. I remember noticing a couple of those when Central Wikia still had a "Genealogy" page. Now that it hasn't, it has the compensating feature of an all-Wikia search. With those (probably all) that are under CC-BY-SA license, we can just copy the material with an acknowledgment. We can also edit their main pages and other pages to add direct links to the most relevant of our pages, e.g. surname article or category. I must finish copying the Peize articles one of these days. — Robin Patterson (Talk) 09:41, June 20, 2010 (UTC)