Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
BiographyFrederik Hendrik van Oranje, Prince of Orange, Count of Nassau, Baron of Breda, Stadtholder of Holland, Zeeland, Utrecht, Gelderland, Overijssel and Groningen, was born 29 January 1584 in Delft to Willem van Oranje (1533-1584) and Louise de Coligny (1555-1620) and died 15 March 1647 in The Hague of unspecified causes. He married Amalia zu Solms-Braunfels (1602-1675) 4 April 1625 . Notable ancestors include Willem van Oranje (1533-1584), Henry II of England (1133-1189), William I of England (1027-1087), Charlemagne (747-814), Hugh Capet (c940-996), Alfred the Great (849-899), Rurik (c832-879). Ancestors are from France, Germany, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, Byzantium, Spain, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Italy, Switzerland, England, the Byzantine Empire.
Frederick led the Dutch rebellion after his brother's death. He married his first cousin once removed: Wilhelm von Nassau-Dillenburg (1487-1559) was his grandfather and his wife's great-grandfather.
|Offspring of Frederik Hendrik van Oranje and Margaretha Catharina Bruyns (?-?)|
|Frederik van Nassau-Zuylestein (1624-1672)||1624||1672|| Mary Killigrew|
Common ancestors of Frederik Hendrik van Oranje (1584-1647) and Amalia zu Solms-Braunfels (1602-1675)
- Anna von Eppstein-Königstein (1482-1538)
- Anna von Katzenelnbogen (1443-1494)
- Botho zu Stolberg (1467-1538)
- Elisabeth von Hessen (1466-1523)
- Heinrich III. von Hessen-Marburg (1440-1483)
- Heinrich von Hessen-Marburg (c1440-1483)
- Heinrich zu Stolberg-Wernigerode (1436-1511)
- Johann von Nassau-Dillenburg (1410-1475)
- Johann von Nassau-Dillenburg (1455-1516)
- Juliana zu Stolberg (1506-1580)
- Louise von der Mark-Arenberg (c1454-1524)
- Maria von Loon-Heinsberg (1426-1502)
- Mathilde von Mansfeld (1436-1469)
- Philipp von Eppstein-Königstein (c1440-1481)
- Wilhelm von Nassau-Dillenburg (1487-1559)
Noteworthy descendants include