Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
BiographyFrederik VII Carl Christian of Denmark, King of Denmark, was born 6 October 1808 in Amalienborg, Copenhagen, Denmark to Christian VIII of Denmark (1786-1848) and Charlotte Friederike von Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1784-1840) and died 15 November 1863 in Glücksburg, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany of unspecified causes. He married Vilhelmine Marie of Denmark (1808-1891) 1 November 1828 in Copenhagen, Denmark. He married Karoline Charlotte Marianne von Mecklenburg-Strelitz (1821-1876) 10 June 1841 in Neustrelitz, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany. He married Louise Christine Rasmussen (1815-1874) 7 August 1850 . Notable ancestors include Charlemagne (747-814), Alfred the Great (849-899), Henry II of England (1133-1189), William I of England (1027-1087), Hugh Capet (c940-996), Gustav I of Sweden (1496-1560), Rurik (c832-879), Willem van Oranje (1533-1584). Ancestors are from Denmark, Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Sweden, Prussia, Russia, the Czech Republic, Spain, Hungary, Belgium, Poland, Austria, the Netherlands, Belarus, Ukraine, Lithuania, Bohemia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Italy, Portugal, Byzantium, England, the Byzantine Empire.
He was the last Danish monarch of the older Royal branch of the House of Oldenburg and also the last king of Denmark to rule as an absolute monarch. During his reign, he signed a constitution that established a Danish parliament and made the country a constitutional monarchy.
Common ancestors of Frederik VII of Denmark (1808-1863) and Vilhelmine Marie of Denmark (1808-1891)
- Christian Heinrich von Brandenburg-Kulmbach (1661-1708)
- Christian VI of Denmark (1699-1746)
- Frederik IV of Denmark (1671-1730)
- Frederik V of Denmark (1723-1766)
- Friedrich I. von Sachsen-Gotha-Altenburg (1646-1691)
- Friedrich II. von Sachsen-Gotha-Altenburg (1676-1732)
- Karl Wilhelm von Anhalt-Zerbst (1652-1718)
- Louise zu Mecklenburg (1667-1721)
- Magdalena Augusta von Anhalt-Zerbst (1679-1740)
- Magdalena Sibylla von Sachsen-Weißenfels (1648-1681)
- Sofie von Sachsen-Weißenfels (1654-1724)
- Sophie Christiane von Wolfstein (1667-1737)
- Sophie Magdalene von Brandenburg-Kulmbach (1700-1770)
Common ancestors of Frederik VII of Denmark (1808-1863) and Karoline Charlotte Marianne von Mecklenburg-Strelitz (1821-1876)