Freeman C. Curlhair (1837-1910) was a cigar merchant and a harness maker. He was the postmaster of Maine, Broome County, New York. (b. October 1837, Duanesburg, Schenectady County, New York - d. 1910; Wright, Schoharie County, New York)
- William Curlhair (1831-?)
- John Curlhair (1835-?)
- Henry Curlhair II (1839-1914) who married Martha and ran the stagecoach in Maine, New York
Freeman married Lydia A. Gaige (1837-1903), aka Lydia A. Gage in 1858.
- Cora B. Curlhair (1865-?) who married Wallace Stalker (c1865-?). Their son was Ivan L. Stalker (1888-?) who married Nellie M. Welch (1891-?). Nellie was the daughter of David Welch and Ellen Fitzgerald.
- Nora A. Curlhair (1866-1952)
- Emma L. Curlhair (1869-?)
- Lynette Mae Curlhair (1872-1942) who married Benjamin Spencer Van Deusen I (1872-1937)
- Orlow C. Curlhair (1878-1907)
Maine, New YorkEdit
The family appears in the 1880 United States Census living in Maine, Broome County, New York, where Freeman was working as a harness maker. Freeman worked as the postmaster of Maine in 1898 and had the same job when he appeared in the 1900 United States Census.
He died in 1910 in Wright, Schoharie County, New York.
Researched and written by Richard Arthur Norton (1958- ) for Findagrave starting on October 18, 2004. Migrated to Familypedia on December 26, 2007.