George Blunt was born in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire in 1844. His parents were Daniel Blunt (1818 - 1885) and Eliza Cook (1818 - 1907). George married Caroline Broomhead Shaw in 1866. In the 1881 census, George is listed as a shoe machinist, and his wife as a shoe fitter. Also living with them is Ann Bromhead (1810 - 1882), listed as George's mother-in-law, who was working as a housekeeper. George and Caroline had the following children:
|Offspring of George Blunt and Caroline Bromhead Shaw (1845-1917)|
|Alfred Thomas Blunt (1872-1919)||1872 Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, England, United Kingdom||1919 Watford, Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom|| Emma Alderman (1871-)|
|Jessie Elizabeth Blunt (1877-1966)|| |
|Edith Emily Blunt (1879-)|
- Alfred Thomas Blunt (1872 - 1919), born in Wellingborough, Journalist (1901), married 1895 Emma Alderman (1871 - 1955)
- Jessie Elizabeth Blunt (1877 - after 1902), born in Wellingborough, Book Fitter (1901), married 1902
- Edith Emily Blunt (1879 - after 1903), born in Wellingborough, Boot Machinist (1901), married 1903
Note: Jessie was listed as a book fitter in the 1901 census site, however likely to be boot fitter.
Alfred Thomas Blunt had the following children:
- Elsie Edith Blunt (1896 - after 1918)
- George Sydney Blunt (1898 - after 1901)
- Donald Henry Blunt (1900 - 1994)
George Blunt died aged seventy-nine in Wellingborough in 1923. His wife Caroline Blunt (1845 - 1917) also died in Wellingborough.