George Spring was born on an unknown date to Robert Spring (c1735-?) and Margaret Marns (c1735-?) .
- Isobell (b. 1762, Banchory-Ternan; married Robert Sherrat; lived in Birse and Lumphanan)
- Mary (b. 1764, Udny; not known to have married)
- Christean (b. 1768, Udny; married Archibald Farquharson of Finzean; d. 1849, Lumphanan)
- Robert (b. 1771, Udny; married Margaret Gordon; d. 1860, Aberdeen)
It is not known what became of George Spring after his christening. No subsequent indication of him connected to his siblings (e.g., witnessing the christening of a niece or nephew) has been found. He may have not lived to adulthood.
An online search of Church of Scotland records (which are comprehensively extracted in the IGI) shows at least one other George Spring in this time and place, son of George Spring and Isabel Cock in Keithhall & Kinkell parish, also christened in 1760. There is a later George Spring, son of William Spring and Agnes Ross, christened in Old Machar in 1799. There are records of George Spring in Aberdeenshire into the 1800s, but they work must be done to ascertain which one.
- Church of Scotland, Parish of Banchory-Ternan, Parish registers, 1670-1854. On microfilm at LDS FHS 0993308, 0102554. (Records christening of George.)