BiographyGeorge V of the United Kingdom, King of the United Kingdom, was born 3 June 1865 at Marlborough House in Westminster, Middlesex, England, United Kingdom to Edward VII of the United Kingdom (1841-1910) and Alexandra of Denmark (1844-1925) and died 20 January 1936 in Sandringham, Norfolk, England, United Kingdom of unspecified causes. He married Victoria Mary of Teck (1867-1953) 1 July 1893 at St. James's Palace in Westminster, Middlesex, England, United Kingdom. Notable ancestors include Charlemagne (747-814), Alfred the Great (849-899), Henry II of England (1133-1189), William I of England (1027-1087), Hugh Capet (c940-996), Gustav I of Sweden (1496-1560), Robert I of Scotland (1274-1329), Willem van Oranje (1533-1584). Ancestors are from the United Kingdom, Denmark, Germany, Poland, France, Sweden, Scotland, England, Belgium, Spain, the Netherlands, Russia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Austria, Switzerland, Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine, Latvia, Bohemia, Italy, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Israel, Ireland, Turkey, the Byzantine Empire.
George V (George Frederick Ernest Albert; 3 June 1865 – 20 January 1936) was the first British monarch belonging to the House of Windsor, which he created from the British branch of the German House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. As well as being King of the United Kingdom and the other Commonwealth Realms, George was the Emperor of India and the first King of the Irish Free State. George reigned from 6 May 1910 through World War I (1914–1918) until his death.
Common ancestors of George V of the United Kingdom (1865-1936) and Victoria Mary of Teck (1867-1953)
- Augusta von Sachsen-Gotha-Altenburg (1719-1772)
- Caroline Polyxene von Nassau-Usingen (1762-1823)
- Charlotte von Mecklenburg-Strelitz (1744-1818)
- Elisabeth Albertine von Sachsen-Hildburghausen (1713-1761)
- Frederick Lewis, Prince of Wales (1707-1751)
- Friedrich II. von Hessen-Kassel (1720-1785)
- Friedrich III. von Hessen-Kassel und Rumpenheim (1747-1837)
- George III of the United Kingdom (1738-1820)
- Karl I. von Mecklenburg-Strelitz (1708-1752)
- Karl Wilhelm von Nassau-Usingen (1735-1803)
- Karoline Felizitas von Leiningen-Dagsburg-Heidesheim (1734-1810)
- Mary of Great Britain (1723-1772)
Noteworthy descendants include