Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ghaziabad district (Hindi: ग़ाज़ियाबाद ज़िला, Urdu: غازی آباد ضلع, pronounced [ɣaːziːaːˈbaːd̪ ˈzɪlaː]) is a largely suburban district of Uttar Pradesh state in northern India of National Capital Region (India). The town of Ghaziabad is the administrative headquarters of the district. This district is part of Meerut Division. It has become a major bedroom community for Delhi.
Ghaziabad district is bounded on the northwest by Baghpat District, on the north by Meerut District, on the east by Jyotiba Phule Nagar District across the Yamuna River, on the southeast by Bulandshahr District, on the southwest by Gautam Buddha Nagar District, and on the west by Delhi state across the Yamuna River.
Ghaziabad was founded in 1740 by the emperor, Ghazi-ud-din, who called it Ghaziuddinnagar after himself and built a spacious structure consisting of 120 rooms of masonry with pointed arches. After the opening the railway line the name of the place was shortened to Ghaziabad. As its boundary is adjacent to Delhi, it acts as the main entrance of Uttar Pradesh and that is why it is also called the GATEWAY OF U.P. Ghaziabad district, carved out of Meerut district in 14/11/1976.
According to the 2011 census Ghaziabad district, India has a population of 4,661,452 , roughly equal to the nation of Ireland or the US state of South Carolina. This gives it a ranking of 28th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 3,967 inhabitants per square kilometre (10,270 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 41.66 %. Ghaziabad has a sex ratio of 878 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 85 %.
As of 2011 census, this district had a population of 4,661,452(3rd in UP) (male 2,481,803 and female 2,179,649).It contribute 2.33% of total population of UP.It has highest density(No. 1) of population in UP with 4060 persons per square km.It is second in population growth rate with 40.66%. The average literacy rate in 2011 was 85% which is highest in UP. 
Minority population is about 25% of the total population of the district. Ghaziabad is a subcategory B1 district of category B i.e. having socio-economic parameters below the national average.
- ^ "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ a b c d e f "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Ireland 4,670,976 July 2011 est."
- ^ "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/apportionment-pop-text.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "South Carolina 4,625,364"
- ^ http://www.censusindia.gov.in/2011-prov-results/data_files/up/Census2011UttarPradeshPaper1.pdf
- ^ MINUTES OF THE 34th MEETING OF EMPOWERED COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AND APPROVE REVISED PLAN FOR BALANCE FUND FOR THE DISTRICTS OF GHAZIABAD, BAREILLY, BARABANKI, SIDDHARTH NAGAR, SHAHJANPUR, MORADABAD, MUZAFFAR NAGAR, BAHRAICH AND LUCKNOW (UTTAR PRADESH) UNDER MULTI-SECTORAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME IN MINORITY CONCENTRATION DISTRICTS HELD ON 22nd JULY, 2010 AT 11.00 A.M. UNDER THE CHAIRMANSHIP OF SECRETARY, MINISTRY OF MINORITY AFFAIRS. F. No. 3/64/2010-PP-I, GOVERNMENT OF INDIA, MINISTRY OF MINORITY AFFAIRS
|Baghpat district||Meerut district|
| North West Delhi district, NCT |
North Delhi district, NCT
North East Delhi district, NCT
East Delhi district, NCT
|Jyotiba Phule Nagar district|
|Gautam Buddha Nagar district||Bulandshahr district|
|This article about a location in Uttar Pradesh is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Ghaziabad district, India. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|