|Green Township, Ohio|
|— Township —|
|• Total||35.6 sq mi (92.3 km2)|
|• Land||35.6 sq mi (92.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,198 ft (365 m)|
|• Density||53.3/sq mi (20.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086277|
Green Township is one of the fifteen townships of Harrison County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 1,898 people in the township, 914 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- German Township - north
- Wayne Township, Jefferson County - northeast
- Smithfield Township, Jefferson County - southeast
- Short Creek Township - south
- Cadiz Township - southwest
- Archer Township - northwest
Name and historyEdit
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- ^ a b "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. http://geonames.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ Harrison County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- ^ "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. http://www2.census.gov/geo/maps/general_ref/cousub_outline/cen2k_pgsz/oh_cosub.pdf. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- ^ §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Green Township, Harrison County, Ohio. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|