Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Hamilton County, Iowa|
Location in the state of Iowa
Iowa's location in the U.S.
|Largest city||Webster City|
578 sq mi (1,497 km²)
577 sq mi (1,494 km²)
0.8 sq mi (2 km²), 0.1%
27/sq mi (10/km²)
|Time zone||Central: UTC-6/-5|
Hamilton County is a county located in the U.S. state of Iowa. As of the 2010 census, the population was 15,673. The county seat is Webster City. The county was named in honor of William W. Hamilton, who served as President of the Iowa State Senate.
- Wright County (north)
- Hardin County (east)
- Story County (southeast)
- Boone County (southwest)
- Webster County (west)
|U.S. Decennial Census|
The 2010 census recorded a population of 15,673 in the county, with a population density of 27.1780/sq mi (10.4935/km2). There were 7,219 housing units, of which 6,540 were occupied.
As of the census of 2000, there were 16,438 people, 6,692 households, and 4,597 families residing in the county. The population density was 28 people per square mile (11/km²). There were 7,082 housing units at an average density of 12 per square mile (5/km²). The racial makeup of the county was 96.71% White, 0.23% Black or African American, 0.20% Native American, 1.46% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 0.61% from other races, and 0.78% from two or more races. 1.42% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 6,692 households out of which 30.60% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 57.90% were married couples living together, 7.60% had a female householder with no husband present, and 31.30% were non-families. 27.50% of all households were made up of individuals and 13.60% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.43 and the average family size was 2.95.
In the county the population was spread out with 25.40% under the age of 18, 7.10% from 18 to 24, 27.10% from 25 to 44, 22.40% from 45 to 64, and 18.00% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females there were 98.00 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 94.80 males.
The median income for a household in the county was $38,658, and the median income for a family was $45,771. Males had a median income of $30,579 versus $23,595 for females. The per capita income for the county was $18,801. About 4.30% of families and 6.30% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.70% of those under age 18 and 5.50% of those age 65 or over.
† county seat
|Rank||City/Town/etc.||Municipal type||Population (2010 Census)
|1||† Webster City||City||8,070|
|3||Stratford (partially in Webster County)||City||743|
- ^ a b "State & County QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/19/19079.html. Retrieved July 17, 2014.
- ^ "Find a County". National Association of Counties. http://www.naco.org/Counties/Pages/FindACounty.aspx. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- ^ Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. Govt. Print. Off.. pp. 148. https://books.google.com/books?id=9V1IAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA148#v=onepage&q&f=false.
- ^ "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/gazette.html. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- ^ "County Totals Dataset: Population, Population Change and Estimated Components of Population Change: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". http://www.census.gov/popest/data/counties/totals/2015/CO-EST2015-alldata.html. Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- ^ "U.S. Decennial Census". United States Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/prod/www/decennial.html. Retrieved July 17, 2014.
- ^ "Historical Census Browser". University of Virginia Library. http://mapserver.lib.virginia.edu. Retrieved July 17, 2014.
- ^ "Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". United States Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/population/cencounts/ia190090.txt. Retrieved July 17, 2014.
- ^ "Census 2000 PHC-T-4. Ranking Tables for Counties: 1990 and 2000". United States Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/population/www/cen2000/briefs/phc-t4/tables/tab02.pdf. Retrieved July 17, 2014.
- ^ "Population & Housing Occupancy Status 2010". United States Census Bureau American FactFinder. http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?pid=DEC_10_PL_GCTPL2.ST05&prodType=table. Retrieved May 12, 2011.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ http://www.census.gov/2010census/
- Hamilton County, Iowa Portal style website, Government, Recreation and more
|Webster County||Hardin County|
Hamilton County, Iowa
|Boone County||Story County|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Hamilton County, Iowa. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|