Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hans Andersson Hemwall (1843-1921) (b. September 02, 1843, Brösarp, Skåne, Sweden - d. March 15, 1921, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, 60630, USA)
He married Johanna Larsdatter (1853-1900) around 1870 in Sweden.
All the children were born in Sweden:
- Alfred Hemwall (1872-1954) aka Frederick Hemwall, who married Ellen Ingeborg Johnson (1871-1948)
- John Hemwall (1873-1946) aka Johan Hemwall who married Ebba Charlotte Lawson (1874-1956)
- Nels Hemwall (1875-1965) aka Nils Hansson who married Ida Anderson (c1875-1939) and after her death married Mary Marie Jensen (1883-1969)
- Lars Hemwall (1879-1965) who married Josephine M. Nilsson (1893-?)
- George Hemwall (1881-1951) aka Goran Hemwall who married Anna E. X and was married to Maria X and lastly married to Emily Sundin
- Anna Hemwall (1886-1956) aka Anna Hansdatter who married Otto Wilner (c1885-1963)
- Anders Hemwall I (1887-1956) who married Sigrid S. Lawson (1877-1957)
- Emil Hemwall (1888-1965) who married Amelee Blekinge Linquist (1893-1976)
- Margarit Hemwall (1891-1983) who married Carl Paulson Rose (1888-1966)
- Anton S. Hemwall (1893-1903) who had a heart defect and died as a youth, possibly from tetralogy of Fallot
The first to the US were Alfred and John, who came over in 1891 and they chose the name Hemwall. Nels, and the remaining family came to the US in 1898. The rest of the family came later. The oral family story has been that the first to come over looked in the City Directory and the pages were full of Hanssons, Hansons, and Hansens, so he made up the name Hemwall.
Hans died in 1921 and he is buried in Woodlawn Cemetery in Cook County, Illinois.