Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hans Peder Olsen (1844-1919) of Egeland was a sea captain in Chicago, Illinois.
- Hans Peder Olsen Egeland
- Hans Peter Olson on his death certificate
- Ole Hansen Egeland (1814-1880), who was born on Egeland farm and baptized in Herad
- Ingeborg Katrine Pedersdatter (1812-1879) of Liknes
Birth and baptismEdit
He was born on April 17, 1844 and was baptized on April 28, 1844 at Herad parish in Farsund, Norway.
- Helene Andrea Olsdatter Egeland (1841-1926) who was baptized in Herad, Farsund.
- Anne Malene Olsdatter Egeland (1846-?) who was baptized in Herad, Farsund. She might have emigrated to Chicago with Peder.
- Ingeborg Marie Olsdatter Egeland (1853-?) who was baptized in Herad, Farsund.
- Kristian Olsen Egeland (1858-?) was a sailor. He disappeared from a ship at port in New York about 1883, in 1888 he married Largerta Charlotte Johannesen in Chicago. He died around 1890. He had a son in Norway with Sara Malene Reinertsen Egeland (1853-?) who was living at the neighbour farm in Norway. Kristian is the great grand parent of Else Egeland, Bergen, Norway (1960- ).
He left Norway around 1860. He appears to be making a trip back to Chicago, Illinois on February 28, 1874 from Norway.
He married Mary Nilsdatter Syversen Hagen (1854-1935) on December 17, 1879 in Chicago, Illinois. He was listed as "Hans P. Olson" and she was "Mary Seversen".
Sea Captain Edit
- He died on December 15, 1919 in Chicago, Illinois under the name of "Hans Peter Olson". His certificate was number 6031673.
- 1844 Birth of Peter Olsen (1844-1892) at Egeland farm
- 1874 Emigration to Chicago, Illinois on February 28, 1874
- 1879 Marriage in Chicago
- 1900 United States Census living in Chicago and working as a sea captain. He states that he arrived in 1860.
- 1910 United States Census living in Chicago as "Hans P. Olson" working on "own living". He states that he arrived in 1863.
- 1919 Death in Chicago, Illinois on December 15, 1919
- ^ Norwegian Sailors on the Great Lakes, http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/NORWAY/2002-07/1027355715, retrieved 2013-05-15
- ^ John Brandt Mansfield, History of the Great Lakes, http://books.google.com/books?id=iHXhAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA768&lpg=PA768&dq=H.+B.+Moore+great+lake&source=bl&ots=ug4L19jTMd&sig=__-X45odAe8ugpWGZY6HwN5oRlg&hl=en&sa=X&ei=GaeTUYCdFZK-4AOV7ICICA&ved=0CDkQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=H.%20B.%20Moore%20great%20lake&f=false, retrieved 2013-05-15