|Harrisburg, North Carolina|
|— Suburban Town —|
|• Total||9.0 sq mi (23.4 km2)|
|• Land||9.0 sq mi (23.4 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||643 ft (196 m)|
|• Density||1,273/sq mi (491.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Area code(s)||704, 980|
|GNIS feature ID||1020631|
North Carolina Highway 49 passes through the center of Harrisburg, leading northeast 57 miles (92 km) to Asheboro and southwest 13 miles (21 km) to the center of Charlotte. Charlotte Motor Speedway is 3 miles (5 km) north of the center of town, within the Concord city limits.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town of Harrisburg has a total area of 9.0 square miles (23.4 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 4,493 people, 1,556 households, and 1,322 families residing in the town. The population density was 718.4 people per square mile (277.6/km²). There were 1,614 housing units at an average density of 258.1/sq mi (99.7/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 94.75% White, 3.23% African American, 0.42% Native American, 0.93% Asian, 0.22% from other races, and 0.45% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.82% of the population.
There were 1,556 households out of which 42.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 76.7% were married couples living together, 5.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 15.0% were non-families. 13.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.85 and the average family size was 3.13.
In the town the population was spread out with 28.0% under the age of 18, 4.9% from 18 to 24, 31.5% from 25 to 44, 25.9% from 45 to 64, and 9.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 97.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 93.2 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $65,086, and the median income for a family was $73,182. Males had a median income of $48,281 versus $31,808 for females. The per capita income for the town was $25,478. None of the families and 1.4% of the population were living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and 3.4% of those over 64.
- ^ a b "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. http://geonames.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Harrisburg town, North Carolina". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. http://factfinder2.census.gov/bkmk/table/1.0/en/DEC/10_DP/G001/1600000US3729800. Retrieved December 18, 2014.
- ^ "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/gazette.html. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- ^ "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2014". http://www.census.gov/popest/data/cities/totals/2014/SUB-EST2014.html. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- ^ "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. http://www.census.gov/prod/www/decennial.html. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Harrisburg, North Carolina. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|