BiographyHenry Percy was born 20 May 1364 in Alnwick Castle, Alnwick, Northumberland, England, United Kingdom to Henry Percy, 1st Earl of Northumberland (1341-1408) and Margaret Neville (1329-1372) and died 21 July 1403 at the Battle of Shrewsbury of unspecified causes. He married Elizabeth Mortimer (1371-1417) 10 December 1379 JL . Notable ancestors include Henry II of England (1133-1189), William I of England (1027-1087), Charlemagne (747-814), Hugh Capet (c940-996), Alfred the Great (849-899), Rurik (c832-879). Ancestors are from the United Kingdom, France, Germany, England, Russia, Ukraine, Spain, Belgium, the Netherlands, Ireland, Portugal, Italy, Turkey, the Byzantine Empire, Sweden.
|Offspring of Henry Percy and Elizabeth Mortimer (1371-1417)|
|Henry Percy, 2nd Earl of Northumberland (c1392-1455)||3 February 1392||22 May 1455|| Eleanor Neville (1398-1472)|
|Elizabeth Percy (1393-1437)||1395||26 October 1436|| John Clifford, 7th Baron de Clifford (1388-1421)|
Ralph Neville, 2nd Earl of Westmorland (1406-1484)
Before the battle commenced King Henry IV of England sent the Abbot of Shrewsbury to negotiate with Henry Hotspur.
Hotspur did not recognise the legitimacy of King Henry's rule, supporting instead that of the infant Earl of March.
Hotspur was awaiting re-inforcements from his father the Earl of Northumberland and Owain Glyndwr,Pprince of Wales.
They did not arrive in time and Hotspur was defeated and killed.
Common ancestors of Henry Percy (1364-1403) and Elizabeth Mortimer (1371-1417)
- Blanche of Artois (1248-1302)
- Edmund Crouchback, 1st Earl of Lancaster (1245-1296)
- Edmund Mortimer, 2nd Baron Mortimer (1251-1304)
- Edmund Mortimer, 2nd Baron Wigmore (1251-1304)
- Henry Plantagenet, 3rd Earl of Lancaster (1281-1345)
- Isabella de Beauchamp (c1263-bef1307)
- Juliana FitzGerald (c1263-1300)
- Margaret de Fiennes (aft1269-1333)
- Matilda de Chaworth (1282-1322)
- Thomas de Clare (1245-1287)