Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Researchers of the Messerly lineage are interested in the Soving family because of the co-occurance of their immigrations. Both Henry (by occupation & cohabitation) and his sister (by marriage) are tightly associated with the Messerly family of Basil Ohio. If their families in Switzerland tie them to a city that could be the origin of Nicholas Messerly (1793), then there would be stronger coroborative evidence for Nicholas's point of origin.
- 1850 Census. Was living with Nicholas G. Messerly (1819-1872) immigrant from Switzerland, born ca 1828.
- Corax gives the wife of Nicholas G.'s brother Christian Messerly (1824-1886) as Ester Maria Soving. Same last name.
Familysearch.org for SwitzerlandEdit
- negative any Soving's in Switzerland
- Hits on Sovin, Sauvin.
- Henri Sauvain, in 1810, but would be pronounced differently, and besides, this guy died in Switzerland.
- negatives- similar names any date, any continetal europe- Sovein sauving, Sauvien, Sauveen, Sauvean, Sauvine, Sauveing (2-France- wrong century), Sovine (1-Julia), Sovien, Soveen, Sovean, Soveng, Soveing, Sovieng,Soven, Schoving Schovin (9 hits-no henry, ester or Marie. hits all France), 5 schoving (all france, one marie but 1804), Suving, suvine, sahvine, sahving suhving, suhveng
- Hit on Ester Sauvain, but 1841 birth. Our Ester has to be ca 1831
- Hit Henry Melanjoie dit Savoie, 1826 but married Philippine Chatelain in 1846.
- no Ester births in switzerland with similar last names for 1829-33.