Herbert George Gumm (1850 - 1914)
Herbert George Gumm was born in 1850 in Hillingdon, Middlesex. He married Lydia Bulpit (1853 - 1925) in 1874. The couple had three children by the 1881 census, Elizabeth, Albert and Lydia. In the same census, Herbert was a domestic gardener. Alfred James, Thirza Annie and Mary Eliza Gumm were born between 1882 and 1886 in Uxbridge, whre the family was living, and are almost certainly Herbert and Lydia's children. Therefore, these are the couple's six children:
- Elizabeth Gumm (1874 - 1916)
- Albert G. Gumm (1877 - after 1881)
- Lydia Emma Gumm (1879 - after 1902)
- Alfred James Gumm (1882 - unknown)
- Thirza Annie Gumm (1884 - after 1901)
- Mary Eliza Gumm (1886 - after 1901)
Herbert was described as a general labourer in the 1901 census. He died aged sixty-four in 1914 in Richmond, Surrey. His wife Lydia died in 1925 aged seventy-two.
Not even Herbert's parents names are known.