The Hilton Head Island–Beaufort Micropolitan Statistical Area, as defined by the United States Census Bureau, is an area consisting of two counties in South Carolina, anchored by the town of Hilton Head Island and the city of Beaufort.
- Places with more than 30,000 inhabitants
- Hilton Head Island (Principal city)
- Places with 10,000 to 30,000 inhabitants
- Beaufort (Principal city)
- Places with 5,000 to 10,000 inhabitants
- Places with less than 5,000 inhabitants
- Unincorporated places
As of the census of 2000, there were 141,615 people, 52,574 households, and 38,147 families residing within the μSA. The racial makeup of the μSA was 66.53% White, 28.17% African American, 0.28% Native American, 0.74% Asian, 0.05% Pacific Islander, 2.92% from other races, and 1.30% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 6.64% of the population.
The median income for a household in the μSA was $38,860, and the median income for a family was $44,749. Males had a median income of $29,974 versus $23,170 for females. The per capita income for the μSA was $19,769.
- ^ "Table 1. Annual Estimates of the Population of Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-01)" (CSV). 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. http://www.census.gov/popest/metro/tables/2009/CBSA-EST2009-01.csv. Retrieved 2010-03-25.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Hilton Head Island – Beaufort micropolitan area. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|