Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|— County —|
|• Total||4,453 km2 (1,719 sq mi)|
|• Density||67/km2 (170/sq mi)|
|Telephone code||(+40) 243 or (+40) 343|
|ISO 3166 code||RO-IL|
In 2002, it had a population of 296,572 and the population density was 67/km².
This county has a total area of 4,453 km².
The county is situated in the Bărăgan Plain, all the area is flat crossed by small rivers with small but deep valleys.
Until 1940 (in the West part) and 1967 (in the East part) the county/plain was home of the great bustard (dropie in Romanian), with large populations of this bird. The birds disappeared because of the massive village buildout and hunting them for food.
- Constanța County in the East.
- Ilfov County in the West.
- Brăila County, Buzău County and Prahova County in the North.
- Călărași County in the South.
Agriculture is the main occupation in the county. Industry is almost entirely concentrated in the city of Slobozia.
The predominant industries in the county are:
- Food industry.
- Textile industry.
- Mechanical components industry.
The main tourist destinations are:
- The city of Slobozia.
Ialomiţa County has 3 municipalities, 4 towns and 59 communes
- Gheorghe Doja
- Gheorghe Lazăr
- Gura Ialomiței
- Ion Roată
- Mihail Kogălniceanu
- Sfântu Gheorghe
- Valea Ciorii
- Valea Măcrișului
- ^ The number used depends on the numbering system employed by the phone companies on the market.
- ^ National Institute of Statistics, "Populaţia după etnie"
- ^ National Institute of Statistics, "Populaţia la recensămintele din anii 1948, 1956, 1966, 1977, 1992 şi 2002"
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Ialomița County. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|