Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
James Alderton (1778 - 1851)
James Alderton was born in Lawshall, Suffolk and christened on 23 August 1778. He was the son of James Alderton (born about 1753) and Ann Smith (born about 1755), who were married in Lawshall in 1776. His mother died and his father remarried to Sarah Armstrong.
On 26 December 1816 James Alderton married Susan Middleditch in Suffolk and the couple had the following children:
- Maria Alderton (1818-1836) married in 1836 to William Nunn (1814-1882)
- Alexander Alderton (1820-1820)
- Rebecca Alderton (c1822-1905) married in 1839 to Thomas Bruce (1817-?)
- George Alderton (1824-?)
- Amos Alderton (1827-1840)
- Joseph Alderton (1829-1896) married in 1858 to Rachel Ann Raisin (1839-1914)