Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Sex : Male
- Born: 22 November 1836 at Binda, Georgiana County, New South Wales.
- Died: 17 August 1875 at Bigga, Georgiana County, New South Wales at age 38.
- Mary Ann Lamb (1835-1914)
- James Lamb (1836-1875)
- Elizabeth Jane Marks (1838-1908)
- William Marks (1841-1927)
- Martha Alice Marks (1842-1886)
- Richard Marks (1844-1907)
- Elisha Marks (1846-1939)
- Alfred James Marks (1849-1896)
- Matilda Jane Marks (1852-1936)
James has the same mother as:
- James Marks
James was born at Salem Vale a property that was later purchased and renamed Markdale by his father. James was born before William and Ann were married. William is not mentioned on the birth certificate. It is therefore possible that William is not Jame's biological father. He was baptised as James Lamb by the Church of England in Narellan on 25 December 1837. He has conflicting christening information of 1835 and Fish River, King County, New South Wales, Australia, but this is before his supposed birth date.
James married Margaret Robertson, daughter of Lachlan Robertson and Christina McKinnon, in 1856 in Lockyersleigh, Goulburn, New South Wales. In 1867 as a farmer at Markdell near Goulburn according to the Post Office Directory of NSW in the extracts for County Argyle. He worked as a Householder at Dixons in 1872 in Bigga, Georgiana County, New South Wales. In the same year he also worked as an Undertaker in Binda. He is listed as as the undertaked at the burial of his half sister Kesty Campbell.
James died when he fell from his horse while brumby chasing at Markdale.
- Anne Jane Marks (1857-?)
- William Marks (1859-1935)
- Alexander Marks (1861-1950)
- James Marks (1863-aft1911)
- John McDonald Marks (1865-1962)
- Elizabeth Louisa Marks (1867-?)
- Walter Henry Marks (1869-1950)
- Christina Jane Marks (1871-?)
- Evelyn Grace Marks (1873-?)
- Richard Arthur Marks (1875-c1952)
- Residents & Settlers of Crookwell, Page 1&3. Unsure as if this is the same as Crookwell Settlers or a different document.
- NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages (http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/), 1402/1856.
- Lee Ann.
- Rhonda Brownlow.
- NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages (http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/), 6313/1875.
- NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages (http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/), Birth. V1836992 21/1836
- Post Office Directory NSW extracts for County Argyle 1867.
- Greville's Official Post Office Directory of New South Wales, Binda.
- Thomas R Hellwege.
- Crookwell and District Historical Society, Obituaries, Deaths, Inquests Pre 1901 Crookwell and District (ISBN 0-9587114-3-7), Page 231 - Goulburn Herald, Wed 25.2.1880.