James O. Messerly James Messerly was born 17 September 1858 in Basil, Ohio, United States to Jonas Messerly (1828) and Sarah Alspaugh (1830) and died 26 March 1926 of unspecified causes. He married Laura Siggins (1859) 19 September 1883 in Youngsville, Pennsylvania, United States.
They reside in Warren, Pa and attend the Methodist church.
James declared in the 1920 census that he manufactured monuments.
|Offspring of James Messerly and Laura Siggins (1859) ¢|
|Warren Messerly (1884)|| |
|Everett Messerly (1886)|| |
|James Messerly (1894)|
Points regarding children
- 1900, the family is in Pleasant, Warren, Pennsylvania, and James is not in the household, Died?- No- same James H and Harold J are same- just switched middle name.
- 1920 James H. is still at home at age 25. No one else besides both parents.
1930 Census shows an Everett in Warren, Warren PA. Rilla D wife (c1890 ) Berteran Messerly (c1913) Eleanor Messerly 11YO (1919).(died at age 88, obit online. Yearbook photo in ancestry.com for 1936. In WWII, there is a Bertram Messerly birth year 1913 PA, Married also living Alaska. died Jan 1980, 16365 Warren, Warren, Pennsylvania, United States.
- 1930, No sign of James Harold or Warren B in PA.
- 1930, there is a Warren B born c1886 OH, married to Ruth T (c1891) in Kansas city, MO. With child Alice B. (c1824) At age 39, and an only child 6 YO girl, unlikely they will have more. No sign of them in 1940.
|Portal | Category|
- TBD- there is a wealth of info including photos at the Siggins book reference available via google books below.
- Wife Laura Emma Siggins
- Unless indicated otherwise, data is from Corax- credited to Carl J. Messerly and has not been verified against Census records.
- ^ famsearch says the M.I. is "O." on birth record for Warren.