James Patrick Langan I (1889-1975) US Army Sergeant, World War I Veteran; and Newspaper Pressman (b. January 04, 1889, Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey, USA - d. August 20, 1975, Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey, USA) Military Service Number 89425 and Social Security Number 093079514.
- Daniel Langan (1885-1964) who married Jenny Lynch (1885-1969)
- Edward Langan (1886) who died as an infant
- Mary Langan II (1888) who died as an infant
- John Langan (1890-?)
- Edward Langan (1891-?)
- Catherine Veronica Langan (1892-1950) who was a school teacher who never married
- John F. Langan (1893) who died as an infant
- Cornelius Langan (1893-1896) who died as a child
- Bernard Langan II (1895) who died as an infant
- Mary Langan III (1895-?)
- Bernard Langan III (1895-1898)
- Ann Langan (1898-1939) who married Francis Ayers
- Charles E. Langan (1899-1996) who was a welder who married May Cornetta
- Bernard Francis Langan I (1903-1982) who married Anna Fortmuller
- John Langan II (1905) who died as an infant
He had four years of high school according to the 1940 United States Census. He would have graduated around 1907 at age 18.
World War IEdit
He filled out his draft card on June 5, 1917 while he was working for the New York World as a pressman, and living at 397 Union Street in Jersey City. He enlisted in the Army on July 1, 1917 as a Private, and was later promoted to Sergeant. His last military company was Company B, 165th Infantry, American Expeditionary Force.
He married Katherine Mary Norton (1894-1942) aka Kitty Norton.
He died on August 20, 1975 in Jersey City, New Jersey.