Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
James Wheeler (c1785-1872)
Marriage to Elizabeth CramblettEdit
On September 16, 1806, James married Elizabeth Cramblett (c1781-c1822) in Jefferson County, Ohio.
Children by Elizabeth CramblettEdit
James and Elizabeth had at least 6 children together. The known children of James and Elizabeth are as follows:
- Ann Wheeler (c1807-aft1827)
- Rezin Wheeler (c1810-aft1850)
- Susannah Wheeler (bef1820-aft1832)
- Maria Wheeler (bef1820-1854)
- Eliza Wheeler (c1814-aft1850)
- John Wheeler (c1817-aft1880)
James appears as head of household in the 1820 census of Smithfield, Jefferson County, Ohio. A reconstruction of the household is as follows:
- James Wheeler, head, 35, MD
- Elizabeth (Cramblett) Wheeler, wife, 39
- Ann Wheeler, daughter, 13, OH
- Rezin Wheeler, son, 10, OH
- Susannah Wheeler, daughter, 0-10, OH
- Maria Wheeler, daughter, 0-10, OH
- Eliza Wheeler, daughter, 6, OH
- John Wheeler, son, 3, OH
Marriage to Jane StiersEdit
After the death of James' first wife Elizabeth, James married Jane Stiers (c1797-1865) on June 15, 1824, in Harrison County, Ohio.
Children by Jane StiersEdit
James and Jane had at least 4 children together. The known children of James and Jane are as follows:
- Mary Wheeler (c1826-aft1858)
- Eleanor Wheeler (c1828-?)
- Rebecca Wheeler (c1835-aft1863)
- Asenath Wheeler (c1838-aft1880)
- flickr: Kevin Borland: Reverend James Wheeler (1784-1872) (photo of his grave's headstone)