|Father:||J.A. Duncan (1823) NC|
|Mother:||Elizabeth Duncan (c1841) ALA|
This is a research article corresponding to the individual named Jane Duncan in the 1880 federal Census for Commanche county TX, supervisors district 4, enumeration District 33, page 20, line 7.
- William and James are noted as illiterate.
- There is a complete overlap of names and birth of the youngest children up to william between the 1870 census of Arkansas > Crawford > Vine Prairie Duncan family and this family. Probably the same Elizabeth. Now assuming it is ok to merge the data from the 1870 family.
- In 1870, this texas family had not been in AR long. Jane age 2 is born Texas, and Alvin is just 5 months old born AR.
- In the same district and county, there is Thomas (1856) and Lucinda duncan (1859), still children living in the home of Arminda (ca 1828). They were mentioned as children in the 1860 Census, of Jefferson A Duncan married to ..
- Unless indicated otherwise, data is from US Censuses.
|Name||Birthdate||Birthplace||Death date||Death place|
|'Children of Elizabeth Duncan (c1841) and '|
|Laura Duncan (c1858) Laura M.||ca 1858||TX|
|Locky Duncan (c1859) Locky A. (f)||ca 1859||TX|
|Franklin Duncan (c1860)||ca 1860||TX|
|William Duncan (c1864) William S. ||ca 1864||TX|
|James Duncan (c1866) James D. ||ca 1866||TX|
|Jane Duncan (c1869) "Jane L." ||ca 1869||TX|
|Alvin Duncan (c1870) "Alden" ||ca 1870||AR|
All data for children is from 1880 Census for Commanche county, texas.