Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Offspring of Jane Moore and Joseph Walker (-c1815) ¢|
|Peggy Walker ()|| |
|Jenny Walker ()|| |
|Polly Walker ()|| |
|Martha Walker ()|
Will of Jane Walker, 18th day of February 1818 Rockbridge Co. VA. In the Name of God, Amen. I Jane Walker, relict of Joseph Walker, deceased, late of Rockbridge County, Virginia, ...I bequeath to my daughter Houston ...
- I bequeath to my daughter Jenny Barclay and her heirs
- 3rd I bequeath to my daughter Polly Bernard
- 4th I bequeath to my daughter Martha Donihoo
- 5th I bequeath to my granddaughter Maria Todd Houston
- 6th I bequeath to my daughter-in-law Peggy Walker
- 7th I bequeath all my beds and clothing to be distributed amongst my four daughters by Peggy and Martha
- 8th The remainder of my estate ... including as part of it five hundred dollars received by Samuel Barclay per his receipt given December 8, 1817 shall be as soon as practicable equally divided between my four daughters Peggy, Jenny, Polly and Martha
- Lastly I do hereby constitute my two sons-in-law Samuel Houston and John Donihoo executors
- this 18th day of February 1818.
Jane Walker, her mark. Signed sealed and acknowledged in the presence of Wm. McNutt and Jno. Laird at Rockbridge County November 30, 1818 A writing purporting to be the last will and testament of Jane Walker deceased was produced in court proved by the oaths of William McNutt and John Laird the subscribing witnesses thereto and ordered to be recorded. And on the motion of Samuel Houston and John Donihoo the executors therein named who made oath according to law and together with John Alexander and George Houston their securities entered into and acknowledged bond in the penalty of ten thousand dollars conditioned as the law directs in due form. Teste.