- Sex : Female
- Born: 31 Oct 1840 at Sea on the Royal Consort enroute from England to New South Wales
- Died: 23 Apr 1913 at Crookwell, New South Wales, Australia at age 72
- William Balgowan (1838-1927)
- Elizabeth Handley Balgowan (1843-1945)
- James Balgowan (1845-1902)
- John Balgowan (1850-1934)
- Thomas Balgowan (1852-1912)
- Robert Balgowan (1855-1935)
Janet's parents and older brother immigrated as a free persons on the Royal Consort which arrived on 9 November in 1840 at Botany Bay, New South Wales. This was a bounty ship. (State Record Reel 1317.) The ship arrived in Sydney on the 9th of November 1840. It was chartered by the Australian Agricultural Company. It departed on 13th July 1840 from England bound for Sydney. Its weight: 529 tons and the ship's master was John Western.Crookwell at age 72. Her Death was registered in 1913 in Crookwell. She is burried at Crookwell Cemetery.
- William J Christie (1868-1930)
- Elizabeth Christie (1870-1948)
- James Thomas Christie (1873-1874)
- Annie Christie (1875-1950)
- Alice Christie (1878-1969)
- Louisa Christie (1882-1949)
- NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages (http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/), 1621/1867.
- jan balgowan, balgowan family file.
- NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages (http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/), V1840827 50/1840.
- Crookwell & District Historical Society, Crookwell & District Historical Society Cemetery Transcriptions (ISBN 0 646 14659 9
Transcribed and Collated by Julienne Belford and assisted by Stuart Anderson.
Printed 31 May 1993
Printed by Goulburn Printing Services Goulburn 2580.), Page 9.
- NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages (http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/), Death 9142/1913. 9142/1913
WILLIAM & JANET & CROOKWELL.
- Ibid, V18411300 47/1841.
- Ibid, 13115/1909.
- Ibid, Birth 1621/1867. 1621/1867
CHRISTIE, WILLIAM & BALGOWEN, JANET @ BINALONG.