Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Jesse was a banker teller in St. Joseph, Missouri, which was a rather good job back then. He was not pleased when his eldest daughter Maxine was interested in a farm boy. Eventually he agreed to the marriage. His own marriage was not a happy one and his wife left him. His health was deteriorating and he lived the rest of his life with his sister Irene.
|Offspring of Jesse Lee Gore and Alice Pauline Zehnder (1895-1982)|
|Maxine Lee Gore (1921-1983)||19 November 1921 St. Joseph, Buchanan County, Missouri, United States||1 June 1983 Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States|| Kenneth Duane Jones (1918-1985)|
|Hazel Viola Gore (1927-2009)||2 September 1927 St. Joseph, Buchanan County, Missouri, United States||15 May 2009 Berkeley Heights, Union County, New Jersey, United States|| Ernest Paul Moore (1927)|
- 1920 St. Joseph, Buchanan Co., MO Census, 517 N 20th St - Jesse L Gore, 26 MO; Alice P, 25 KY
- 1930 St. Joseph, Buchanan Co., MO Census - 120 S 29th St - Jesse L Gore, 36 MO, bank teller; Pauline Gore, 35 KY; Maxine L Gore, 8 MO; Viola Gore, 2 5/12 MO
- Jesse Lee worked as a bank teller for Burnes National Bank in St. Joseph and later worked for a livestock commission firm. About 1953 he had a stroke. After Jesse and his wife broke up he went to live with his sister Irene, with whom he stayed with for the rest of his life.
- From Who's Who in Saint Joseph, 1929 Edition
"Gore, Jesse Lee, banker; b Andrew Co., Mo., Nov 5 1893; s. Thomas Stonewall Jackson Gore (b. Athison, Kan., Jan. 5, 1863; slsmn) and Laura (Pollard) Gore (b. Mirabile, Mo., Aug 8, 1862). Ed. Pub. and h.s.; att. Platt's Conl. Col. 2 years., M. Alice Pauline Zehnder (b. Bernstadt, Ky., Sept 20 1895; Swiss desc.) St. J. Ch. Maxine Lee (b. Nov 19, 1921); Hazel Viola (b. Sept 2, 1927). Democrat. St.J. resident 14 years. Collector to teller First Nat. Bank. Christian. Mem. Cham. of Com. M.W.A. Home : 120 S 29th St. Office : 4th and Felix St."
- 1. Jesse Lee Gore (1893-1959)
- 4. Green Lee Gore (1831-1899)
- 5. Emeline Cummins (1838-1903)
- 6. William Jesse Pollard (1838-1911)
- 7. Martha Ribelin (1838-1906)
- 8. James Gore (1808-1884)
- 9. Frances Keaton (c1808-1876)
- 10. Charles Cummins (1800-1880)
- 11. Sarah Miller (1800-1871)
- 12. Stephen Weatherford Pollard (1812-1878)
- 13. Mary Lee Mount (1807-1860)
- 14. William H Ribelin (c1813-1843)
- 15. Catherine Anne Kern (1812-1873)
- 16. Henry Gore (c1789-1869)
- 17. Susanna Swinney (1790-1846)
- 18. William Keaton (1781-1858)
- 19. Mary Mann (1780-1857)
- 20. Robert Cummins (c1740-c1841)
- 21. Delpha Bowling (c1772-bef1814)
- 22. Michael Miller (1770-1834)
- 23. Mary Elizabeth Smith (c1772-c1865)
- 24. Jesse Pollard (c1791-)
- 25. Julia Weatherford (c1791-)
- 26. Humphrey Mount (1778-1858)
- 27. Mary or Sarah Cate (c1782-)
- 28. Martin C. Ribelin (c1764-1831)
- 29. Catherine Butner (c1774-1851)
- 30. George W Kern (c1784-1868)
- 31. Mary C Payne (c1785-)