14 March 1638 in Ipswich, Massachusetts, United States to John Winthrop (1606-1676) and Elizabeth Reade (1616-1672) and died 27 November 1707 in Boston, Massachusetts, United States of unspecified causes. He married Elizabeth Tongue (c1653-1731) circa 1677 . Ancestors are from the United Kingdom.John-Fitz Winthrop was born
|Offspring of John-Fitz Winthrop and Elizabeth Tongue (c1653-1731)|
|Mary Winthrop (c1680)|
- AKA Fitz-John Winthrop
- AKA Governor John Winthrop III
Like his father Fitz-John Winthrop also served as Governor of Connecticut (1698-1707)
Vital statistics Edit
- First son of John Winthrop Jr, Governor of Connecticut and his wife Elizabeth Read
- Born 14 Mar 1637/38 in Ipswich, MA.
- Died 27 Nov 1707 in Boston, MA
- Governor of the Colony of Connecticut, 1698-1707
- The house at Winthrop's Neck was the center of several farms owned by their father.
- Offices: Magistrate, Colony of Connecticut, 1664
- Lieutenant and Captain in Richard Cromwell's Army (England), 1658-1660
- Deputy, General Court of the Colony of Connecticut, 1671, 1678
- New London Representative to the General Court of the Colony of Connecticut, 1671
- Head, New London County Militia, 1672
- Sergeant Major of Long Island, 1673
- Council member, Dominion of New England, 1687-1689
- Assistant, General Court of the Colony of Connecticut, 1690, 1693-1697
- Governor, Colony of Connecticut, 1698-1707
- Married Elizabeth Tongue
- Connecticut State Library - Biography of Fitz-John Winthrop.