Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
14 March 1638 in Ipswich, Massachusetts, United States to John Winthrop (1606-1676) and Elizabeth Reade (1616-1672) and died 27 November 1707 in Boston, Massachusetts, United States of unspecified causes. He married Elizabeth Tongue (c1653-1731) circa 1677 . Ancestors are from the United Kingdom.John-Fitz Winthrop was born
|Offspring of John-Fitz Winthrop and Elizabeth Tongue (c1653-1731)|
|Mary Winthrop (c1680)|
- AKA Fitz-John Winthrop
- AKA Governor John Winthrop III
Like his father Fitz-John Winthrop also served as Governor of Connecticut (1698-1707)
Vital statistics Edit
- First son of John Winthrop Jr, Governor of Connecticut and his wife Elizabeth Read
- Born 14 Mar 1637/38 in Ipswich, MA.
- Died 27 Nov 1707 in Boston, MA
- Governor of the Colony of Connecticut, 1698-1707
- The house at Winthrop's Neck was the center of several farms owned by their father.
- Offices: Magistrate, Colony of Connecticut, 1664
- Lieutenant and Captain in Richard Cromwell's Army (England), 1658-1660
- Deputy, General Court of the Colony of Connecticut, 1671, 1678
- New London Representative to the General Court of the Colony of Connecticut, 1671
- Head, New London County Militia, 1672
- Sergeant Major of Long Island, 1673
- Council member, Dominion of New England, 1687-1689
- Assistant, General Court of the Colony of Connecticut, 1690, 1693-1697
- Governor, Colony of Connecticut, 1698-1707
- Married Elizabeth Tongue
- Connecticut State Library - Biography of Fitz-John Winthrop.