John Alfred Whittle (born 1844 in Lambeth, Surrey) was a railway accountant. He lived at 4 Camden Villa, Brecknock, St John Evangelist, Wales. He married Sarah Tegwedd Jones (born 1851 in Brecon, Brecknock) in 1871. They had the following five children, of whom three survived infancy:
- Percival Joseph Whittle (1873 - 1874)
- Susan Grace Whittle (1874) also known as Grace, music teacher living in Earls Colne, Essex in 1901.
- Tegwedd Mary Whittle (1876)
- Cecil Alfred (1881 - 1883)
- Arthur Gerald Whittle (1884) bank clerk living in Sheringham, Norfolk in 1901. Married Julia Woolbright in 1910.